Tips On How To Create Captivating Infographic
Even though a slight change in the nature of infographic can be witnessed in recent times, it is worth noting that the fundamentals are still the same. We are in an era where competition is the norm and the internet world is no different. Presenting data to the required audience has become a challenge in itself and visual presentation is one of the ways to help capture their attention. Creating a compelling infographic is an effective way of making your data stand out in a world where data is basically everywhere.
Below are a number of tips to help you in making your infographic attractive:
- Define your target and aim for it.
Focusing on your target audience is important regardless of the information you wat to pass across. Knowing what appeals to known buyer personas will help you deciding on the infographic properties such as color palettes, art style and language. Knowing and understanding what your audience needs will enable you to narrow down the information that you need to pass across increasing its relevance.
To make this possible, you will need to research the market, media and client landscape and determine which areas of opportunity you want to connect with.
- Find an appealing topic
Don’t just focus on any topic. Find a topic that will get people talking in no time. Doing research on keywords and checking out trending stories can help you come up with topics that are not only trendy but are also related to your industry. Below are a few resources that can assist you in narrowing down on the right topic that your audience probably cares about:
- Industry forums: However old-school it may sound, industry forums can be very resourceful in providing topics that are relevant and up-to-date. You can use Google search to find forums that are relevant to your industry.
- Google Trends: Google Trends can definitely come in handy when searching for appealing topics. Some research on Google Trends will provide you with information of what people in your industry are currently looking for.
- ly: Visua.ly is probably one of the best platforms to use when sourcing for relevant topics as far infographic is concerned. You can get a clear idea of where the interest of your consumers lie by looking at other infographics on the same industry that have performed best.
- Stay Focused
Staying highly focused on what you want to pass to your audience rather than getting bogged trying to tell too big a story. Many a time, people tend to bite of more than they can chew when dealing with infographic.
- Use a theme
Different themes align with different messages and using one that compliments your message will make your infographic look much better. Settling on a theme that suits your infographic will not only enable you to get the best out the infographic but will also capture the attention of the target audience. Remember there is no harm in thinking outside the box when dealing with themes.
- Simplify it
You have done your research and eventually made a conclusion of the data you would like to present to your audience. Now you will get to the point where you have to figure out ways to visually present the data. It is obvious that your target audience will be a wide range of people and for this reason you will probably need to simplify the infographic, especially if the original format is complex.
A visual presentation of data is meant to help the viewer in understanding the point you are trying to pass across in a way that a paragraph or a spreadsheet cannot. Your graphic should be a simplified format of the contents of a table, hidden trends and the key points that you would like to pass across. Below are some of the characteristics that your visual data should strive to achieve:
- Accurate: Transparency should be exercised as much as possible while making sure that the sources are reliable.
- Clear: Clarity should be maximized.
- Accessible: It should highlight key points and give light to hidden trends.
- Valuable: Should include information that prove valuable to viewers.
- Informative: Should empower and teach.
- Attractive: Should be appealing to the eye. The size, color and shape should make the graphic to look beautiful.
- Invest in a breath taking design
It is best to get the help of a professional graphic designer to avoid creating a DIY infographic that would not otherwise provide you with the results that you need. You will need a really convincing infographic to stand out from the hundreds that are published on a daily basis.
Once your compelling infographic is ready, it is time to get it out to the audience. Make sure you prepare an excellent platform to reach your targeted audience so as the hard work you put on the infographic yields fruits.